Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Sub Group meets on a quarterly basis to discuss issues relating to Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations and the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations. The group occasionally attracts guest speakers from the Information Commissioner’s Office to update the group in relation to the legislation. The meetings help to discuss current issues regarding Freedom of Information. Topics of discussion have included:
- Disclosure Logs
- Publication Schemes
- Vexatious and Aggregated Requests
- Information Commissioner’s Office handling of informal resolutions
- Staff information disclosure under FOI
- The idea of a generic training package for the South West
- Construction of refusal notices
The meetings provoke lively debate and useful discussion within the group.
If you require any further information about this Sub Group please contact SWICG.